Through steadily aspiring to achieve maximum efficiency of its water pumping and distribution system at its stations, as well as optimally realize its mission, and after completing the development of its pumping stations and offices intercommunication Microwave System it was inevitable that the Undertaking seeks to provide computerized programs uncompromisingly necessary for achieving the soughts objectives. After surveying the relevant international specialized programs it was decisively concluded that they were very expensive and do not respond to all needs and requirements. Therefore, the Information Technology Department at (JWU) began conducting the necessary studies in this regard which culminated in the development of a comprehensive Control System responding to all requirements and sought objectives within unbeatable period of time.
Advantages expected from the program sysytem for the operation of the Control System
- Automatic remote operation of pumping and control stations through a control room allocated for that purpose in (JWU) office building.
- Immediate surveillance of all pumping equipment as well as immediately identifying errors and problem that may occur sparing these equipments any mechanical damage or malfunction.
- Securing prompt and immediate information and data about any pumping location in terms of water flaw, pressure, temperature and water level in the reservoirs etc.)
- Chronological entry of this data which enables (JWU) engineers to conduct studies and analyses, draw conclusions and identify the error, its causes, time of occurance and sequence of events from the beginning to the end.
- The possibility of securing a big number of necessary reports quickly and flexibly.
- Prompt acoustic warning against any possible disorder which facilitates followup of this disorder and preventing any damages.
- Transmitting a live picture (image) of all pumping sites through cameras installed for that purpose in those locations.
- Securing pumping stations and reservoirs inter-connection which facilitates direct surveillance, prevents flooding and consequently achieves proficiency and efficiency.
- The system may be expanded to include the distribution system in the future.